Wednesday, June 8, 2011

réamhrá

I revisited my old entries and they were terrible! I could not believe that It was me writing those entries. Oh well, It was me and the idea came from me and I was lame, I know and still am though.

And so, let me just start everything all over again. I hope this blog is gonna be much better and much more comprehensible. Enough with the unnecessary introduction, lets just go to our serious business.. wait a second, what serious business? I am lame as it is so let's not make it lamer. This blog is not gonna be serious and I'll try my best to make this one as relaxing, laughable as possible.

Réamhrá... Sorry? what does that mean?

Well, it's actually an Irish word for introduction or we know it as pengenalan or pengantar in Malay. Everything in our life kicks off with something and so does this blog! I will first introduce myself, who I am, who my family members are, etc. etc. etc. 

As you might have already gathered from the title of this blog: Arsah bin Asis is my name given by parents. It sounds awful doesn't it? especially when you're in an english speaking countries. It sounds like ****. I just don't want to put it out there, otherwise it wouldn't be appropriate for readers under the age of 18 or 16 if you're in Canada, I heard. 

What's with the name? It's very exotic isn't it! 

I remember introducing myself to my classmates and college-mates in MARA College Banting when I did my preparatory programme and getting into trouble for that. Though, the puzzled looked on their faces would go back to normal whenever I said I'm from Sabah and they'd say aaahhh!!! got you! What did they mean by aaaahhh!!!? Don't answer that question! it's only a rhetorical question people! I am not racist or anything but I do agree that Sabahan people have unusual names but that's what makes us different and unique right? I am proud to be Sabahan or Borneoan. Is that even the right term used for people living in Borneo? I don't know, we'll just assume so. But then again, I was always told that name represents our characters and if that's the case then what does Arsah mean? I have actually asked my dad this question and he didn't really give me the answer I wanted so I just ignored it. lol. I'm kidding. So apparently, the issue came about when my dad was registering my name at the Jabatan Pendaftaran Negara (National Registration Department). The issue was either it's my dad's bad pronunciation or the staff's bad hearing at that time and as a result my name was written as Absah bin Asis instead of Arshad! Arshad was supposed to be my real name. It's Arshad! so since then I used the registered name until I was about 12 years old, then the spelling changed a little bit but still wrong! It's been Arsah bin Asis since then. Those who grew up with me know that I am known as Acca (Not Aca, Acha or whatever), It's pronounce as "ach cha'"

I grew up in a family of 10. Wow that's plenty isn't it. That not all though, they were only my siblings. I did grew up with some of my first cousins too! so at least 15 of us at home at anyone time. I am fourth and have 3 older siblings (One big sister and two big brother) and 5 younger siblings (2 younger sister and 3 younger brother)


My oldest sister is Rapia and she is now married to her wonderful husband (Bradun) with 3 children (Faiz, Fareez, ad Faten). She is then followed by Aliadi, Agus and then comes me the writer. The younger siblings are Hanama, Adnan, Sawal, Mohammad Hamdan, Mohammad Ashar and Nurul Hidaya - in order.  My father and my mother. I love my family just the way they are. awaaa..
it's a lyric from a song if i'm not mistaken..




I think, that's all for the intro because if i'm telling you all about myself. then, you'll know myself better that me. hahaha just kidding..




Much love
Arsah




No comments:

Post a Comment

Drop your comments here